The St. Regis Princeville maintains an uncompromising stewardship to the environment.
During the resort renovation process the following initiatives were in place;
General Construction Site Stewardship Practices
- Implementation of Best Management Practices
- Implementation of erosion, sedimentation and pollution controls.
- Daily monitoring controls in place throughout site.
- Recycling of concrete, marble, granite and metal studs in hotel renovation. Approximately 450 tons to be diverted from the island's landfill.
- Resource reuse- furniture and decorative items sold and given to Kauai non-profit organizations.
- Continued recycling practice of cardboard and glass.
Lessen Our Impact
- Installation of energy efficient air handlers for hotel's air conditioning system.
- Installation of energy efficient commercial appliances in kitchens.
- Installation of Building Management (BMS) to regulate A/C in unoccupied rooms.
- Installation of AC sensors in guestrooms to control usage in unoccupied rooms.
- Installation of CFL light bulbs in guestrooms and public space.
- Installation of motion sensors in public space to decrease energy consumption.
- Energy efficient window tint in guestrooms, suites, public corridors and restaurants to reduce heat gain in those areas.
- Hotel is working closely with KIUC to look at ways to continue reduction in energy costs.
- The hotel features Green eco-roof tops that significantly minimize heat absorption and helps improve air quality by reducing CO2 levels.
- Evaluating water use and taken steps to minimize water usage and further reduction.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Low Emitting Materials- Paints and Sealants
- Low Emitting Materials- Carpet Systems
- Low Emitting Materials- Wall coverings